Home > mac, transformers, wallpaper > MacBook Wallpaper Jackpot

MacBook Wallpaper Jackpot

One of the many small adjustments one has to make after purchasing their first MacBook (first Apple ever for me personally) is getting used to the widescreen. This is the first time I’ve ever used a portable with a widescreen, and for the first couple days it actually hurt my eyes just a little bit. Not because it is difficult to look at, there is just more screen space to cover with your eyes.

A nice wallpaper makes a world of difference on these MacBook screens. Because they are widescreen and high quality they make bad wallpaper look really bad. Thankfully some quick googling turned up this gem at InterfaceLIFT and I’m now rocking some seriously excellent wallpapers.

Be sure to also check out my custom Transformers Movie Wallpapers!

  1. June 18th, 2006 at 15:31 | #1

    Glad to hear that you joined the club of being a mac owner.

    What you think of your macbook?

  2. June 18th, 2006 at 15:43 | #2

    I love it. I decided it was high time I purchased my first mac, and the macbooks getting released pushed me over the edge. Seriously, I can’t say enough good things about this machine. It rocks!

    Thankfully I haven’t experienced any of the reported problems so far with the macbook line.  No discolored keyboard/trackpad area, no plastic film over the heat vents, no crazy whining noise.  I really like the new keyboard setup they came up with too.

  3. June 18th, 2006 at 16:20 | #3

    Good to hear! I had been worried about the discoloration issue. Thinking about replacing Rach’s 14″ ibook for a macbook.

    Now hopefully you start dumping your windoze boxes one by one 🙂

  4. June 18th, 2006 at 16:37 | #4

    “Start”? Try “already done” there buddy 😉

    Progressive OS path for the last few months:

    1. Dual boot old ass compaq laptop between win98 and Ubuntu Linux.

    2. Realize that GNOME has excellent built-in support for digital cameras and promptly reformat the laptop to use only Ubuntu.

    3. Purchase a MacBook.

    My house is now a 95% Windows-free zone.  The remaining 5% is an old Sony Vaio laptop of Jen’s which lacks any type of drive so it’s not too easy to format.  It doesn’t really get used anyway.

  5. Dave
    July 8th, 2007 at 22:51 | #5

    i am typing this on my brand new apple macbook and i couldn’t be happier. Windows is so terrible compared to the simplicity and the sleekness of Tiger. It;s like night and day!

  6. gum
    January 1st, 2008 at 19:57 | #6

    i own a macbook also, but after listening to what u say about windows, its clear you’ve never played crysis on a high end pc, mac is great for work, i use final cut studio etc, but pc’s wipe the floor when it comes to games and some other aspects, so think twice before you say windoze, both os are great, and lets not forget unix/linux

  7. January 1st, 2008 at 20:05 | #7

    I agree 100%. Personally I’m just not much of a pc gamer right now, mostly because I can’t afford to put together a decent gaming setup. Consoles are relatively cheaper and have more of the instant gratification factor that always snares me.

    If I did have a desktop that was used for gaming it would unavoidably have to run Windows.

  1. No trackbacks yet.